Thursday, July 11, 2013

Read Today

1.       IFTTT Brings Its Custom App Automation to the iPhone
Finally we got IFTTT iOS app, which works exactly like the web version and allows for deep iOS integration. Something like you can instantly send iOS screenshots to Dropbox, or every photo to Google Drive, or even track every reminder you complete in a Google spreadsheet. Enjoy it.

2.       Cal, the Calendar App from the Team at Any.DO, Is Available Now
Even though I have Fantastical and CUE, but it worth to try the new app from Any.DO team. It provides some new feature like when you need to add an appointment, you can type things like "lunch with Sam," and Cal will not only figure out who Sam is based on your contacts (or show you multiples so you can pick the right Sam), it'll also pick a good lunch time and suggest lunch destinations not far from your current location. If you enter your own location, it'll fill in the location details for you.

3.       How Writing Regularly Changed My Life (and How You Can Get Started)
I agree that we need to keep a good habit of writing, not only because it help you to record and review the flow of your thinking as well as mind, but also it help you express yourself clearly and smoothly.

4.       Four Lies You Tell Yourself About Productivity (and How to Stop)
Busy doesn’t mean productivity, especially when you lie to yourself. You find the lies and solutions in the post.
Lie #1: My Day’s Full of Activity, So I Must Be Super Productive.
Lie #2: Please, I’m a Multitasking Master.
Lie #3: Schedule, Schmedule! I Go With the Flow.
Lie #4: No Worries! I’ll Do it Tomorrow.

5.       Time Management versus Task Management
I love this post because it help me figure out the difference between those two hot word when you talk about productivity. Time Management concerns about when to do and is made up of constraints. Task Management concerns about what to do and is more about work, being agile and flexible. The point is everything has due dates. So due dates should be used only when really needed, but certainly not systematically. Otherwise your work organization becomes inflexible, and you end up managing dates that do not have any sense in most cases, and doing more work about work.

6.       Is It Ever Acceptable to Quit a Job via Email or Text?
Email is kind of legal proof which starts counting the date when to terminate the contract with your company. But it’s never a good way to quit a job without a face-to-face talk. I know sometimes you don’t want talk to anybody of the company and that is one of reasons why you want to quit the job. But people will feel rude and even be infuriated without a face-to-face talk. Because people always curious to find a real reason why break up happen since they were teenagers.


THE END

No comments: