Sunday, November 26, 2006

Blogger beta is kind of nightmare for me!

As you can see, I open my brand new blog in Blogger Beta yesterday. As typical procedure, I pick up a template which seems pretty simple and nice, then all the stuff comes to me is the HTML or CSS code, which probably have some relationship with widget.

The 1st widget I added is the about the Hit Counters, which finally I choose the Google Analytics, after 24 hours or less, I could see the exact report about my blog’s status. But unfortunately, the visitor couldn’t see how many people have visited my blog, but the statistics just could be seen by my own.

The 2nd widget is pretty successful, which is pretty easy because I directly use is from Hawk’s blog. The name of second widget is Flickr badge, which could let you see your Flickr public photo in you blog on slideshow way.

The 3rd widget is the Label Cloud, also I get some help seems from phydeaux3.

Then the 4th one the toughest works I faced which let me spent almost whole weekend. Which is it? It’s Google AJAX Search API. Because I don’t know anything about the HTML code or that kind of others program code. So, kind of nightmare. Now as you can see more choice you could pick up, more rules you have to be followed.

During the tortures of the Google AJAX Search API, I add the 5th widget, Answer box, to my blog.

That is all the things as I have done in this weekend. Although I have mentioned before is that the computers and Internet are only sort of tools for using. But maybe the advanced tool needs professional skills.

Better understanding gets to the better utilities.

No comments: